Open For Visitation & Tours
COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics Underway
STAYING SAFE, ACTIVE AND SOCIAL DURING COVID-19
Less Separate More Together
Armed with their hand sanitizer, face masks and newly received COVID vaccines, we're happy to report that our residents are socializing with their fellow residents and participating in small group activities AGAIN! They're off to the park and to the store for an outing, or spending time with their loved ones on a day trip. Life is great here at Grand VIlla, as we see the dawn of a NEW DAY!
With safety still a top priority, our SEPARATE BUT TOGETHER Program is moving toward being TOGETHER AGAIN. Life at Grand Villa is returning to the home we all love, while balancing safety, CDC guidelines and being "together again"!
This wonderful NEW DAY has brought changes such as...
- Vaccination Clinics
- Resident Outings
- Live Entertainment
- Small Group Activities
- Fitness Classes
- Parties and Celebrations
- Family Outings with Loved Ones
- Families Assisting on Moving Day
- Freedom for New Residents
- Dining Rooms Open
We remain committed to the Grand Villa promise... to be your home, while we help to keep you healthy, active, and social.
In addition, our commitment is to keep families and loved ones engaged in any way possible; therefore, a significant part of our Separate But Together Program is the process of reuniting our families through Family Visits and Outings. In doing so, our goal is to make any such visits with loved ones safe and joyous experiences. Please call our community to see how we are keeping families safe, healthy, and together during these difficult times.
*All programs are susceptible to suspension at any given time due to safety protocols.
During these difficult times, please know we are here to help guide you through making the best decisions for your loved one. We are committed to providing you with all the necessary information, including in-person tours, while maintaining the physical distancing guidelines.
At Grand Villa our doors and arms are open to you. If you need a place for yourself or a loved one please give us a call.
IT'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO CHOOSE SENIOR LIVING?
While it's still important to protect our seniors, it's equally important to keep them active and social. At Grand Villa, we found the perfect balance!
So why choose Senior Living instead of staying at home? The following questions are provided to demonstrate the benefits of senior living. You can put your mind at ease knowing that Grand Villa is still here to help.
If you can't answer yes to all of the following questions, then senior living is a very viable option.
- Are all visitors, health care aides, and repair staff screened for illness before entering your home?
- Are all visitors, health care aides and repair staff required to wear face masks and other protective gear while in your home?
- Are groceries, sundries, personal hygiene supplies, medications and other supplies delivered directly to your home for free?
- Do you have someone to fill up your car with gas or provide transportation to medical appointments?
- Does a qualified health care professional monitor you for signs and symptoms of illness or COVID-19?
- Does your physician routinely come directly to your home for medical appointments?
- Does someone order your medications and are they delivered to directly to your home?
- Is your home regularly cleaned and sanitized/disinfected?
- Do you have a professional monitoring and providing updates on the COVID-19 crisis?
- Does your family receive updates on your health and wellness?
- Do you have an emergency call system in your home?
- Are you able to enjoy socialization with others?
- Are you able to communicate with friends and family while staying safe?
- Does your family receive photos and direct communication on Facebook or other social media platforms?
- Do you have someone to talk to whenever you want?
- Do you have a sense of freedom and independence supported by a team of professional caregivers?
- Do you have someone who provides regular activities, exercise and good old fashion fun?
Grand Villa provides all the above, plus much more!
Is Grand Villa offering tours at this time?
Yes. Grand Villa is offering in-person tours while maintaining all safety guidelines per the CDC. Please contact the community you are interested in to receive further information regarding which tours are available.
Is Grand Villa admitting new residents at this time?
Yes. Please contact the community you are interested in to receive further information regarding the admission of new residents.
What our families say
“Thank you for your hard work and concern for our family members. We will support and assist all your decisions and needs. Just let us know how we can help. Thanks, Bob.”
“Thank you for your email and for doing an amazing job of trying to keep yourself, staff and residents and our loved ones healthy and safe. It must be overwhelming but I just want to let you know how much I appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication, especially at this difficult time.”– Barbara S.
“Thank you very much for taking all the precautions necessary and making sure my Mom, Bernice M., feels cared for! Tough times for sure and I know all of you are doing everything possible to ensure everyone’s best interest! Please be safe and take care!!!” – Wen W.
“I don’t want to miss this opportunity to voice my appreciation to the management, staff, aides, servers, drivers, household and laundry who have provided me with care and kindness. I thank you all for caring for me at this time of extreme crisis and helping to make my life safer. You have my love, thanks and appreciation.” – Toby S., Resident
“Thank you for all you do for my mom and aunt. This has to be such a stressful and scary time for you at work. We really appreciate your compassion and dedication and we’re so grateful to you and the entire staff. Thanks again!” – Gilda
Staying Safe During Covid-19
Grand Villa is committed to keeping our residents and employees protected from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This virus is highly contagious and we are taking the following necessary precautions, including:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics Underway
COVID-19 Testing – Grand Villa has secured an independent lab to provide COVID-19 test kits.
- All new residents are COVID-19 tested prior to move-in.
- All existing residents are COVID-19 tested upon symptom development.
- All existing residents may be COVID-19 tested randomly.
- All new staff members are COVID-19 tested prior to start date.
- All existing staff members are COVID-19 tested upon symptom development.
Health and Wellness Screening
- All staff members will receive a Health and Wellness screening upon entering the community prior to starting their shift, this includes an in-depth questionnaire and temperature checks.
- All staff members will have their temperature taken before each shift.
- Staff members are not allowed to enter the community if they have any signs or symptoms of illness.
- All residents will have their temperature taken 1 time per day.
- All residents will be monitored throughout the day for any signs or symptoms of illness.
- All 3rd party health care providers will receive a Health and Wellness screening upon entering the community, this includes an in-depth questionnaire and temperature checks.
- All staff members are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All staff members are required to use gloves, wash hands and use hand sanitizer while delivering resident care.
- All residents will be provided a mask, hand sanitizer and literature on how to protect themselves for potential infection.
- All residents are requested to wear masks while outside their apartments and are required to wear them while receiving care from staff.
Adequate Supplies on Hand
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Masks, Gloves, and Eye Protection.
- Hand sanitizer for staff, residents and visitors.
- Resident medication.
- Personal hygiene supplies - shampoo, soap, body wash, deodorant, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, toothpaste, shaving supplies, disposable wipes and undergarments.
- Food, beverages, snacks and supplies.
Infection Control Procedures
- Accelerated cleaning schedule of the community including disinfecting all high touch surfaces routinely.
- All cleaning chemicals meet the CDC recommended requirements.
- Additional staff training on infection control policies.
Meet Our COVID Team
Our COVID task force was created to coordinate and oversee Grand Villas efforts to monitor, contain and mitigate the spread of COVD-19 in our communities across the state. Our team continues developing and further refining our COVID policies, procedures, and precautions to help ensure our residents are safe, active, and social!
Jennifer McConnell, RN
Assistant Director of Quality Assurance, COVID Task Force Lead
Jenn has been a registered nurse for nearly three decades and has extensive experience in acute care flight trauma, case management and assisted living, among other areas of specialty. She’s a certified risk manager and legal nurse consultant and she’s worked in nursing leadership positions with several other senior living operators over the last 8 years.
Marissa Arnold, RN, BSN
West Regional COVID Nurse
Marissa has worked in health care for nearly 10 years, primarily in senior living. Her experience includes working as a unit manager for a 50-bed memory care unit and as a clinical liaison and geriatric care manager for a senior living community. She has also overseen admissions from health care facilities while collaborating with multiple Tampa Bay communities and hospitals.
Miriam Perez, LPN
Southeast Regional COVID Nurse
Miriam has worked as a nurse for nine years. Her experience includes bedside nursing with pre-op, post-op and hospice patients. Miriam has served as Director of Nursing, overseeing communities of 140 and 208 beds. Most recently, she served as the Resident Care Manager of Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach. Her goal is to ensure dignity and a great quality of life while facilitating exceptional care to keep residents healthy, happy and safe.
Alicia Mitchell, LPN
Northeast Regional COVID Nurse
Alicia started her nursing career more than 15 years ago in Indiana, and for the past 5 years she has focused on long-term care, assisted living and memory care, where she says her heart truly lies. Her roles have included memory care/assisted living coordinator, vice president of resident experience and a regional nurse.