The next time you are trying to figure out what to cook for dinner, you may want to consider a tasty tilapia or scrumptious salmon. Fish is one of the healthiest foods on the planet and a protein choice that will boost any meal's nutrition.
Want proof? Healthline shares the top evidence-based reasons why eating fish is a great health choice.
- Apart from being packed with protein, most fishes offer vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and a healthy amount of iodine necessary for daily function.
- Fish is a heart-friendly food. As Healthline states, research found that people who regularly eat fish have a lower risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Fish may increase grey matter in the brain. This could help protect you from age-related cognitive impairment or brain deterioration.
- Eating fish may also help combat depression. The omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial against depression and can help boost your mood.
- Fish may help your aging loved ones' vision stay in tact and sharp. We're not telling fishing stories-- incorporating this protein in your regular diet regiment is a great health move.
There are plenty of ways that you can prepare fish to make it taste great without losing its health benefits such as baking or grilling.
Fishing for more info? Check out Healthline's article here